From Bored Room to Creative Hub
Whether setting up a new office or updating existing premises, there are a lot of things you can do to make your meeting spaces more appealing and efficient. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Comfortable, ergonomic seating.
- An inviting colour scheme. However, make sure the room design is not overly busy and distracting.
- The room should be well-lit but provide dimming options.
- Good ventilation and temperature control.
- Clear, reliable audio-visual equipment for video conferencing.
- Access to Wi-Fi and mobile-enabled printers.
- A digital interactive whiteboard for brainstorming and information sharing.
- The ability to connect BYO devices to the network for sharing files via Wi-Fi.
- Have various cables on hand so visitors without Wi-Fi devices can connect to your system.
- Ensure tables and benches have durable, easy-to-clean surfaces to avoid coffee stains or scratches.
- Use movable furniture and equipment you can arrange depending on the meeting’s purpose and size.
Office designers are placing more emphasis on colour and comfort in conference rooms. The meeting room is an extension of people’s workspaces.
They have transformed into hubs for collaboration and to energise innovation.